Mailchimp VS AWeber VS GetResponse: Which Is Better?
Whatever the case, there are plenty of “the best” email marketing solutions that could lend you a helping hand. But let’s focus on the top AWeber VS GetResponse VS Mailchimp have a lot to offers and even more to get out from. However, in order to fully grasp the full potential of each tool, you’ll need some time.
Go with AWeber if your SaaS is in need of effective subscription management and customer tagging, as well as:
- Your small business requires advanced analytics reporting for the entire marketing strategy.
- You are a startup in need of assistance in setting up campaigns and constant customer support.
- Your newly created customer lists could use engine checks of IP addresses to ensure deliverability.
Go with Mailchimp if you prioritize mass email sending and large list segmentation, as well as:
- Your startup requires an audience to boost sales fast.
- Your business can benefit from automated customer journeys to nurture customers who spend the most on your products and services.
- Your SMB requires mass email sending and precise list segmentation.
Go with GetResponse if your company requires a full set of automation and pre-built pathways for sales, as well as:
- Your ecommerce business requires seamless integration with online stores and pre-built automated sales funnels
- Your SMB wants to use Facebook and Google ads to promote products and lower marketing and customer acquisition costs.
- Your marketing or advertising agency requires an email marketing service that supports video content through video app integrations.
- Your service-providing business requires a bunch of active landing pages for various services and products.
AWeber: check the validity of IP addresses
AWeber is on the mission to support small businesses by providing email marketing automation, email deliverability through IP and domain checkups. Its customer support is hands-on 24/7 across the media.
What we like in AWeber
- Migration assistance: In addition to complimentary migration, AWeber offers personal assistance to get you comfy during the onboarding process. An assigned person will guide you through each step and answer questions.
- Email deliverability is guaranteed: In addition to engine analyzing your customers’ IP addresses and domains to ensure validity, its automation and pre-built options limit crowding of templates to prevent your emails from ending up in spam folders.
- Award-winning customer support: No surprises there other than welcoming assistance; customer support is responsive and knowledgeable.
What we don’t like in AWeber
- Its free plan limitations: Beginners and solo entrepreneurs may find it difficult to drive any substantial revenue from only 500 subscribers allowed in this plan.
- Pro plan is expensive: Price depends on the number of subscribers. This becomes particularly problematic, once you learn that AWeber offers just two pricing plans, so in case your contact list features anything more than 500 subscribers – get ready to get charged.
Mailchimp: mass emailing for free
Mailchimp is a complete email marketing provider suitable for SMBs and startup businesses that require mass email sending. It is one of the best-integrated tools which allows you to significantly lower marketing costs.
What we like in Mailchimp
- Integrations with social apps: Facebook, Instagram, WordPress, and LinkedIn are just some of more than 250 integrations available in Mailchimp. Cross-app promotion of content and services reduces marketing costs.
- Customer journey builder: Automated and pre-designed paths for customer journeys are suitable for the precise triggering of autoresponder messages, with an option to set time and date.
- Ecommerce automation: Integrated with ecommerce stores such as WooCommerce, ShopSync, Magento, and BigCommerce, Mailchimp allows targeted messaging for customers based on their actions towards your store (e.g. link clicks, products added to cart, abandoned cart, and more).
What we don’t like in Mailchimp
- Additional costs: Each plan is strictly limited by the number of emails allowed to be sent and the number of contacts allowed in the list. If accidentally exceeded, additional charges will automatically apply to your Mailchimp account without prior notification.
- Limited free plan: You can create and send emails; that’s it. If that’s enough for you – great. But, if you are hoping to experience some advanced automation and features, you’ll have to sign up for paid plans.
GetResponse: nurture customers and boost sales through webinars
GetResponse is a complete online marketing platform featuring marketing automation; email design, setup and deployment, website builders, Google Analytics integration, conversion funnels, multiple users, and more.
What is more, it comes with a vast number of pre-built templates for every element of your marketing campaigns dedicated to helping you create campaigns super fast.
Features of GetResponse :
- Intuitive email creator: Email optimization follows your every step. Precise list segmentation, template building, A/B testings, and autoresponder functionality are just some of the many personalization options to help you stay in constant contact with your customers.
- Secure signup forms & unlimited landing pages: You can choose pre-designed options or create your own based on clients’ consent easily obtained through customizable opt-in forms.
- Automated customer journey: Visual automation and pre-designed paths for a variety of customer-centered activities will save you a lot of time and energy but will not compromise control over specific automation. You can always decide when and what message to send to which group of customers.
- Lead magnet funnel: To help you gain subscribers and customers, a simple call-to-action such as an invitation to subscribe is not always enough. GetResponse’s lead magnet funnel supports added values in exchange for the email address. For example, a signup form can feature a special discount for the first purchase.
- Social ad creator: If you want to run social ad campaigns from your business Instagram or Facebook account, the social ad creator app allows you to collect data on your prospects while broadcasting ads. Not many similar products support included paid ads automation, so it’s definitely a noteworthy GetResponse feature.
- “Free forever” plan: We’ve recently updated our pricing so now you can benefit from all the basic features free of charge. Forever. With no strings attached.
Monthly Pricing: AWeber vs GetResponse vs Mailchimp
AWeber features only two plans: Free and Pro. The latter one starts at $19.99/mo for the list of 500 subscribers, and the prices go up to $149.99/mo for the list of up to 25000 subscribers. The question remains, are the 3000 emails allowed free of chargeenough to gain 500 subscribers, and could you afford paid plans if your budget is still tight?
Mailchimp comes in with 4 paid pricing plans and a free account with strict limitations. Since the latter allows up to 2000 contacts, we used a calculator to present a monthly fee for each plan for 2500 contacts.
Depending on your specific use case, GetResponse price varies from an absolute $0/mo up to $99/mo for the list of 1000 contacts. And there’s a lot for you to choose from:
Free plan may be free, yet it doesn’t limit you in the number of monthly sent emails and still grants access to essential features such as landing page builder, personal domain, custom forms, and newsletter creators. It’s a perfect place to start, whether you are searching for the new online marketing software or just getting acquainted with the field itself.
Basic plan is priced at $15/mo for 1000 contacts and is perfect for SMBs and ecommerce businesses requiring versatility of website and email automation to grow lists and promote products until ready to scale.
Plus plan priced at $49/mo for 1000 contacts is suitable for businesses that require webinar hosting and email marketing software, as well as coaching support that teaches businesses to generate leads and increase sales profits.
Professional plan priced at $99/mo for 1000 contacts is the way to go for companies that require advanced optimization for a large following.
If none of the options apply to your specific business, the MAX plan is available for customization, and the price will depend on your preferred features.
Not sure where to start? Sign up for the Free Plan and access all the Professional features free of charge for one month!