GetResponse VS Mailchimp Comparison 2022: Which Is Better?
we will compare GetResponse vs Mailchimp to analyze the features and decide who has the best email marketing tool recipe for a successful campaign.
Excited? Well, we are.
The winner of this duel will be decided based on the following criteria:
- UX and UI design – Which tool provides a better user experience?
- Template, landing pages, and form builder – Which tool has better pre-built email designs, and how easy is it to customize existing templates, landing pages, and forms?
- Unique features – Which tool includes extended features to help you achieve your goals faster?
- Price – Which tool offers the best deal for the lowest price?
- Customer support – Who’s customer support service has your back when things get knotty?
Go with Mailchimp if:
- Your SMB needs an email sending service only at an affordable price.
- Your advertising company requires frequent integrations with external apps.
- Your software company needs a simple CRM solution.
- Your online business needs an email marketing tool that promotes lifetime value for assigned customers.
Go with GetResponse if:
- Your SMB or large company requires an all-in-one marketing solution to scale and grow.
- Your online business requires a cost-effective email marketing platform with an extensive range of features and capabilities.
- You are an entrepreneur looking for an inbound marketing solution.
- You are a coach looking for a webinar hosting platform. With GetResponse, your webinars are automatically added to your templates, landing pages, and lists. In addition, automated follow-up messages will be sent to all participants.
What we like about Mailchimp
- Mailing list setup – Creating a new list or importing an existing list is effortless with Mailchimp. This is not an exclusive feature, but for those who are looking for an email sending platform only and are currently not in need of the advanced features, it is good to know that mailing list setup is fairly straightforward.
- Effortless email design – Predesigned options are available in the Free plan and are easily customizable.
- Integrations – Mailchimp is one of the best-integrated tools. Integrations with popular social apps are an excellent option for expanding the subssubscribers’s list. By saying this, please note that integrations are limited in their Free plan.
What we don’t like about Mailchimp
- Your account can suddenly be suspended – If you are getting spam complaints or too many of your contacts unsubscribe, your account can be canceled. And let’s not forget that affiliate links are frowned upon.
- Templates are so démodé – We like the ease of use template builder, but we don’t like the design. It sounds nitpicking, but if you are going to create templates from scratch, you might as well hire a designer – unless this doesn’t fit your budget. Other platforms offer extensive template libraries to get you up and running within minutes.
- A limited number of emails you can send each month – Not only are the number of emails limited in general, but Mailchimp limits the number of emails sent per subscriber. For example, in the Basic plan, you can send up to ten emails per subscriber.
- Price – Features offered in lower plans are limited and advanced features are reserved for the premium plan.
This plan in GetResponse offers a lot.
Features included are social postings, landing pages, templates, forms, contact list import, and more. Customizable pop-up forms are not included in the plan, just like the automated email welcoming series. Kind of a bummer.
For the list of 1000 contacts, the price for GetResponse’s Basic plan is $15/mo.
Note: GetResponse Plus plan for up to 2500 contacts is $59/mo. This plan includes automation builder, webinars, sales funnels, unlimited lead funnel, Google and Facebook ads, autoresponders, and everything from the Basic plan.
Note: If you require 24/7 customer support in eight different languages via email and Live Chat with experts, GetResponse is the way to go.
Mailchimp vs Constant Contact vs GetResponse scores
Opt for GetResponse if:
- You are looking for a complete email marketing platform, starting with email design extending to automation and advanced analytics.
- If you are looking to host webinars, live or on-demand.
- If you require 24/7 customer support in languages other than English. Customer support is available in eight languages.
- If you are looking for pre-build pathways for complete sales funnels.
- If you are looking for a cost-effective platform.